The Old Guest House Museum is located
in one of the oldest remaining buildings in Trona. The building was
constructed in 1916. Originally, it was the guest house for visiting dignitaries during the construction and start
up of the Trona Plant. Many of Trona's historical figures involved in the construction, startup and expansion
of the Trona Plant must have stayed there during these early years.
|This 1916 photograph shows the present museum building shortly after it was built. Notice the wide porches on all sides to keep the hot summer sun off the walls. Even with these porches, the inside of the building would exceed 90oF during a summer afternoon and evening.|
|This is what the museum building looked like in 2003.|
|This is the front of the museum as seen in 2003.|
Return to Museum Site Map
Searles Valley Historical Society
P. O. Box 966
Trona, CA 93592-0966
Phone (760) 372-5356
| Home | Revised 04/25/2004
All contents of this web page are the property of the
Searles Valley Historical Society.
Reproduction or other uses of any of these contents without the written permission of the owner is prohibited.
If you want to use any of the contents, contact the SVHS at any of the above.