Pink Halite – Dealer Special Friday Field Trip
IN 2023 WE ARE REQUIRING ADVANCED PAYMENT BY OCTOBER 1 TO HOLD RESERVATIONS
WE MAY HAVE TO LIMIT RESERVATIONS, DEPENDING ON PINK HALITE AVAILABILITY, SO RESERVATIONS ARE FIRST COME FIRST RESERVED
The first field trip will begin on Saturday morning, 9:00AM until to 2:30PM.
The second field trip will begin on Sunday morning, 9:00AM until to 2:30PM.
While everyone is welcome to participate, we believe that only dealers
that hope to profit from our pink halite can afford the cost of this field trip.
We have the same cost structure in 2023 including the additional hour of collecting time.
The cost will be $125.00 for each vehicle and each trailer (driver not included in the $125.00)
The cost for everyone entering the collecting site is $75.00. So a car with only the driver
will be $200 while a car with 4 collectors will cost $425.
We require reservations for the Dealer Pink Halite field trips.
Reservations will close at 8:00PM PDT, October 1
At this time there is a limit of 50 vehicles allowed on each field trip
Both motor vehicles and trailers count toward the 50 vehicle limit.
===>> PAYMENT FOR REGISTRATION WILL BE BY US MAIL <<===
Preregistration can be done by email to:
We are now accepting reservations for the Dealer Pink Halite field trips on Oct. 14 and 15, 2023.
All reservations must be done using the Vehicle and Individual Registration forms:
Be aware that your reservation will be only preliminary until the full fee for the field trip has been paid to the Searles Lake Gem & Mineral Society. To confirm and hold your reservation, we must receive your full payment for the field trip no later than October 1, 2023. If we have not received your full payment by October 1, your reservation will be cancelled.
Reservation will continue to be accepted by US mail until Oct. 1 but only if accompanied by payment in full for the field trip. Closing reservations 14 days before the field trip allows time for SVM Technicians to construct access to difficult collecting sites should this be necessary.
Cost schedule for field trip: (driver not included in vehicle price)
Each person (including all drivers of vehicles and their helpers) - $75 each person
Each vehicle that carries halite specimens (motorized or towed) - $125 each vehicle
(driver not included in vehicle price)
A full 100% refund will be given if the SLG&MS receives notice of
cancellation no later than Oct. 1, 2023. A 50% refund will be given if the SLG&MS
receives notice of cancellation no later than Oct. 8, 2023. After Oct. 8, 2023,
no refunds will be given. All
notifications of cancellation must be by email or by US postal service.
P.O. Box 966
Trona, CA 93592-0966
Your signed liability waivers must be received by the SLGMS by October 1 to enter Searles Lake
1. The field trip will last from 9:00 AM (departure from SLG&MS building) until 2:30 PM (begin departure from collecting area)
3. With fewer vehicles, you will be able to get to the collecting area quicker on the Sunday field trip.
4. We will travel to and return from the collecting area as a group (no late arrival, no early departure).
5. The field trip will go to where we know there will be an abundant quantity of the best quantity halite available.
6. You should be able to park reasonably close to good collecting site although you may still have to haul 50 yards or more.
7. There is a $125 cost for both motor vehicles and trailers. For everyne going to the collecting area, there is a charge of $75 per person. Driver is not included in vehicle cost.
8. Each vehicle that you put salt into to haul salt off the lake (i.e., each car, van, truck or trailer) will count as one vehicle.
9. Your SVM guides will be Jim Fairchild, SVM Principal Scientist, and other SLG&MS members and SVM employees.
10. We have scouted all collecting areas so you will go to the best site. But salt differs yearly so the salt this year is different than last year.
11. Some dealers have learned that large fruit flats are strong and have slots and matching tabs that allow easy stacking 4 to 6 boxes high.
12. Pink halite is VERY fragile until it has comcpletely dried. If shipped wet using commercial carriers, it will likely be destroyed.
Go to collecting pink halite
Go to Gem-O-Rama Site Map
| Home | Home Site Map | Revised 03/26/2023
All contents of this web page are the property of
Searles Lake Gem & Mineral Society.
Reproduction or other uses of any of these contents without the written permission of the owner is prohibited.
If you want to use any of the contents, contact the SLG&MS at any of the above.